Book your Scimitar Horned Oryx Hunting Package at Shonto Ranch
The Scimitar-Horned Oryx, which once held a mythical place in the minds of the ancients, now has a new home in the heart of the Texas Hills at the Shonto Ranch. This magnificent member of the Antelope family is a native of arid North Africa, where it is believed to be the animal that early travelers mistook as a one-horned beast they called a Unicorn. While the Unicorn is relegated to the world of make-believe, the Scimitar-Horned Oryx is real, alive and thriving at Shonto Ranch.
The Shonto Trophy Scimitar-Horned Oryx is a large, spiral-horned Antelope, nearly 4-feet tall at the shoulder and tilting the scale at more than 350 pounds. The arching horns that lend this Oryx its name are more than 3 feet long, with some measuring in the 40-inch class. In the world of Texas Exotics, this is a picture-perfect trophy framed in a memorable setting.
Its heritage as a desert animal suits the Scimitar-Horned Oryx well for Summers in Texas. A year-round supplemental feeding program maintains the herd in prime condition and enhances the dynamic gene pool developed by the Shonto’s professional biologist and staff.
The Shonto Ranch’s natural setting is made for hunting Texas exotics. The hunting ranch combines rugged rocky hills, towering bluffs, open meadows, spring-fed winding creek bottoms and thick cedar breaks and oak mots that make the hunt both challenging and rewarding. There’s a gentler side to the hunting ranch, too, as hunters can spend their off time relaxing, fishing, swimming or retelling the day’s adventures around the ranch’s waterfront venues.
A visit to the family-owned and managed Shonto Ranch is a special treat anytime of year. Through two decades of hands-on management, the hunting ranch has an established reputation as a beautiful space in a Texas-friendly atmosphere. Like the Scimitar Horned Oryx, hospitality and good hunting have found a home at the best Texas Exotic Hunting Ranch, called the Shonto. The Scimitar-Horned Oryx is a trophy Texas exotic available to Shonto hunters year-round.
The fully guided hunts are open to rifle, handgun, black powder and archery hunters in safari-style and stalk hunts as well as traditional Texas stand hunting.
Book your Trophy Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunt of a lifetime at Shonto Ranch.
Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunting Package Includes:
- Private and Exclusive Use of Shonto Ranch (4 or more Trophies)
- Fully Guided Hunt
- Field dressing of Scimitar-Horned Oryx
- Transportation to meat processor and Taxidermist
- Fishing on our 4.5 miles of private streams with/10 lakes
- Use of Shonto Ranch’s Party Pavillion
Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunting Pricing:
- Scimitar-Horned Oryx Trophy Fees: $4,000 – $5,000
- Daily Guiding Fee: $300 a day for up to 4 hunters (i.e. if you have 3 hunters in your hunting party it is $100 per hunter per day) * For hunting parties larger than 4 hunters add $100 per hunter per day.
- Your booking reserves our ranch EXCLUSIVELY for you and your hunting guests (4 or more Trophies).
- Corporate Groups are always welcomed at Shonto Ranch.
- Animals that are wounded will be charged same fees as if killed.
- Bow hunting hunters are always welcomed at Shonto Ranch.
- Skinning & Quarter is $50 per animal.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
To hunt Scimitar-Horned Oryx at Shonto Ranch, please call or text Chris Childs at (210) 317-4578.
845 Lower Turtle Creek Road
Kerrville, TX 78028-8086
Call or Text Chris